Monday, February 09, 2004
- ivan i really like the poetry you showed me! it's so sentimental and yet it's like an accurate representation of (your?) our feelings. k i got the go-ahead to put it here. S23ers, i'm sure you all agree with the sentiment.
and the people grew old and the seasons passed.
the waves rolled on from dawn to dusk
and a loney eagle cried out in the heavens,
for that which never came to pass
"tis true tis true!" the sparrow calls
the words of this maiden
yet though we grasp soon forever lost
our hearts all more leaden
For love we give for worth we shine
And try our best to make -good time-
But yet for all our wiles and woes
Chance and fate play uncaring roles
"Take heart, take heed, that is all you'll ever need."
I heard those words once before
And -take heart take heed- I did indeed
only to find me bereft
Cold is my heart and cold indeed
As cool as the darkest ebony
A spark! A spark! I did bid.
If only set this stone alit.
slash with the pen |||
8:54:00 pm