html> roses of summer
[blog] [tag] [links] [archives] [credits]

Sunday, August 15, 2004

 

    Hope, dangles on a string

    Like slow spinning redemption

    Winding in and winding out

    The shine of it has caught my eye

    Roped me in so mesmorizing

    And so hypnotizing I am captivated I am...

    Vindicated

    I am selfish, I am wrong

    I am right, I swear I'm right

    Swear I knew it all along

    And I am flawed

    But I am cleaning up so well

    I am seeing in me now

    The things you swore you saw yourself

    So clear

    Like the diamond in your ring

    Cut to mirror your intention

    Oversized and overwhelmed

    The shine of which has caught my eye

    And rendered me so isolated

    So motivated, I am certain now

    That I am..

    Vindicated

    I am selfish, I am wrong

    I am right, I swear I'm right

    Swear I knew it all along

    And I am flawed

    But I am cleaning up so well

    I am seeing in me now

    The things you swore you saw yourself

    So turn up the corners of your lips

    Part them and feel my finger tips

    Trace the moment, fall forever

    Defence is paper thin

    Just one touch and I'd be in too deep

    to ever swim against the current

    So let me slip away, so let me slip away

    So let me slip away, so let me slip against the current

    So let me slip away, so let me slip away

    So let me slip away, so let me slip away

    Vindicated

    I am selfish, I am wrong

    I am right, I swear I'm right

    Swear I knew it all along

    And I am flawed

    But I am cleaning up so well

    I am seeing in me now

    The things you swore you saw yourself

    Like hope, dangles on a string

    Like slow spinning redemption


slash with the pen ||| 3:35:00 pm