html> roses of summer
[blog] [tag] [links] [archives] [credits]

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

 
    I've come up with a reason (ostensibly) for my wildly yoyoing grades.

    It has to be going with the laws of equity. Ergo, something go up, something's gotta fall. (You Econs students tell me the right terminology, I'm just a financial-illiterate) So thus far, my math and chem have fallen already. And my lit (thus far, cross fingers and shut eyes,) is promising. I didn't flunk Ms C's paper, my worst. Hallelujah! And I'm breaking even on Mr Dio's paper, as usual. So I HOPE I didn't flunk Mr Whitby's, or... GP showed a tiny little bit of improvement (fail to non-fail) so let's all hold our breath and see.

    I've been strangely hyper these few days. Perhaps it's because of the cookies I made ALL BY MYSELF! Mom didn't help me at all. The only screw up happened when I converted 350 farenheit to erm, 220 Celsius. I opened the oven and smoke came out. Every cook's nightmare, even fledgling ones. Yup, so I freaked out (like duh, who wouldn't) and screamed for help. Turns out it was only water vapourising 'cos it was too damn frigging hot. Haha. So after that, my cookies were baked without incident and I left it to cool. Amazingly, it turned out pretty nice. I.e, no one died while consuming it. I consider that my biggest triumph. Ahaha!

    I think I'm too lucky. I don't screw up the first time (not majorly) and thus I manage to dodge the worst of whatever Life throws at me, thus far. Take for example tests. I never failed badly enough to scare me into studying, and now I have. So I'm scared into a fascimile of studying. I've never poisoned anyone with my cooking (touch wood) and so I've never learnt how to really read recipes. Examples are like Home Ec, where people actually wanted to eat the stuff I created; Khon Kaen (if they didn't eat they'd starve) where actually Terence did most of the work anyway; and the few occasions I resort to cooking to sustain myself. Like my mom likes to tell me, I ain't gonna survive too long by myself out there, so I should FORGET ALL ABOUT GOING TO A HOSTEL. I don't care. To me, instant rates among the top food for young itinerant kids.

    Alright. To pacify my conscience, which has been uneasy since majorly flunking math, I shall go read the SAT books. At least I find that satisfiying. Ciao, people.
slash with the pen ||| 7:18:00 pm