html> roses of summer
[blog] [tag] [links] [archives] [credits]

Monday, July 18, 2005

 
    I've just sorted through the humongous heap of songs in my mp3 player. (Figuratively speaking, of course.)

    I need opinions - should I drop Biology? Let me list out the pros and cons

    Pros: (easier, it's shorter.)
    1. my mom is strongly against it.
    2. I'm seriously scared of telling Mr Davidson I'm dropping his subject.
    3. there is a slight chance I'll regret this and wish I could still take oh, Medicine, for example.

    Cons:
    1. I'm 99.99% sure I'm not going to do well in the final exam (I'll take well as A, B or C.)
    2. I have absolutely no interest in Bio. I probably just took in because I hate Physics. It's hereditary, my mom hates it too.
    3. It's taking up a huge chunk of my time, if I were to study it. If I drop, I can focus on my much-neglected Lit. I can do much better if I study!
    4. That Mrs Khoo. If She was my Bio teacher, I wouldn't have survived this far. As it is, she's encouraging us to give up half way.

    And Jo, I don't see this as some kind of giving in. Like I said, better to run away and fight another day. (Let's not bring in the lame analogies I brought up in lecture)

    I baked brownies yesterday! (Totally irrelevant, but true.) It was horrendous. I love spying on my creations from the wrong side of the oven and goodness gracious me. My brownie rose like a fluffy cloud. I was horrified. I screamed for help. I lamented my ineptitude in the kitchen. But it turns out just like I originally suspected - it was just going to fall. Since then, I've been reading omens into everything. The worst was when I thought I lost my Bio notes on nervous control. The irony. Turned out that Thomas (who I had the pleasure of sitting next to for two lectures, no less) had inadvertently taken my notes. But who cares. They're only notes. I'd almost hoped they were gone so I could drop Bio. That's how desperate I was for a portent of my fate. Superstitious me.

    Oh! My mom was relating gross stories about my childhood during dinner. It was so funny! She said that when I was 9 months old, I was put in this cot with sides that reached over my head. She left me alone for awhile while I was napping and then when she walked back, she saw me swinging from the side and bang! I fell on my head on the other side. She thought I'd died. She probably wished I died then too. Just kidding.

    Then she never gets tired of relating the sugar story. Apparently when I was small, I had a real craving for sugar. (Some things never change) So my parents deprived me of sweets and all things sugary. Undeterred, the younger me went straight for the sugar pot. Smart 'un, wasnt' I.

    More episodes to follow. Reading other people's blogs leave me depressed.
slash with the pen ||| 10:08:00 pm