Tuesday, August 23, 2005
- If I say now that ice runs in my veins, it ain't because I'm cold-blooded, not by a long shot. Today was just an ice-cubes-wouldn't-melt-in-hell cold day. And the best part was, we got to play floorball with the rain as an audience.
Let me give you a few reasons to do so, if you don't already agree with our idea of fun:
1. You won't sweat, 'cause there's too much rain running down your face, dribbling in your hair and basically screwing up vision. No biggie.
2. The puddles, oh, the puddles. Oh joy. If the ball happens to land in the lake that they call a puddle (what a misnomer) then we're in for the ride of our lives. Ever played golf and tried to hit a bunker, well, out of the bunker? Yup. Same goes for hitting the perforated ball out of the pond. I mean, puddle.
3. It's so fun to be ordered off the court every five minutes or so, just to huddle in the not so much more protected corridor.
4. It's inexplicably interesting to watch floorball-crazed girls (okay, and one guy) cavort in the sheets of rain. Everyone's drenched, everyone's whooping like they won the lottery and it's just hilarious to watch people gingerly run. Yeah, it's possible.
Ahwell. The trade off? Terribly wet shoes the entire day, the dripping clothes and bedraggled appearance, not to mention the hair! Good gracious. That was terrible. Althought my hair dried faster than Jo's :p
My grades are improving, I'm reasonably glad. With a little effort, they're moving from a fail to a nice pass. Yippee.
With that, I shall go pore over my magazines. I swear, I only help NJ's rep by reading The Economist on the bus the way I do (hold it near my face and peer.) Tata.
slash with the pen |||
6:39:00 pm