Monday, October 24, 2005
- I'm sorry you feel sad or in pain; I hate that I can't do anything. Can't understand what it is 'cause I don't know what it is, can't do anything about it, can't be there for you. We're friends, and that's what friends do. You're neither a burden nor a nuisance; you're my friend and I wish I could do something.
Maybe it's a necessary rite of passage you have to go through to mature and grow, who knows? God works in mysterious ways. I can only do so little, and so ineffectively - pray for you, try to let you know I'll be here if you want to talk. The rest...is up to you. God knows how much "rest" there is.
I can only imagine what it's like for you. Everyone's personal hell is different and I wouldn't dare to presume it's even slightly similar to anything I've gone through. I wasn't lying when I said you have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, or at least of the person we see. Maybe you're hurting inside and unwilling to let us help, or you judge yourself unworthy. I don't know. Maybe I'll never know, but so be it.
I don't know what to tell you that you'd want to hear. I can only try to think what I'd want to hear if I were in your shoes. I can only offer platitudes and my genuine regard for you as my friend; that I care and I'm concerned.
Retrospectively, maybe I shouldn't post this letter. But I want to somehow tell you I'm here, I'll be here, no matter rain or shine. You're my friend and always will be. As long as you'll have me. I know I don't have the right to say these because I don't even know what you're going through, much less have the right to act as if I'm better than you. I'm not. I just want to help, in any way I can. If you'll let me.
slash with the pen |||
10:54:00 pm