Friday, December 02, 2005
Masquerade(S)

I like this photo a lot, of all the multitude I took last night. We were walking along Clarke Quay in search of supper (yeah, after dinner) and Fran, me, SB and HM (in that order) clambered on that bronze statue and held on for dear life! Haha.
But I suppose we should start at the beginning. Photostory!

2pm: Look at that view! 61 floors up! We got "upgraded" to a really high level for who-knows-what reason and wow. Fabulous view. Could see Malaysia, Bukit Timah, Orchard Road, whatever. Wow. It was so nice in the afternoon, when there weren't any people around.
Skip till about 6plus: All the girls somehow got up to the room, and there was this frantic rush for all facilities. Haha. Ahwell. Shoobs and Peach got us corsages!!! So sweet. And all the girls were camping outside the guys' room 'cause they took so long. You'd think they had to like, put on makeup or something.

(yay, finally all done)
Everyone looked so glam! I think Thomas said that NJ girls look very different outta full gray, but IMO my classmates are a pretty bunch.
7-ish: Here we are outside the ballroom

It's tedious going in. There're guy and girl queues. You mark your attendance, then mill around the foyer taking more photos like this one:

Ke Feng, Joseph and me - I kena waylaid
or this:

Cyn Yi Hui me and Thomas, in his gladiator costume
After a lot of calls, everyone finally filed into the ballroom and found seats amidst disco lights, we managed to wrangle good seats from our front row table. Dinner was okay, performances were thought-provoking (what kinda thoughts, a lady should not say :p) and the emcee was by turns interesting and murder-thought-inducing.
Actually, the fun-nest part was taking photos. Grabbing people and preserving faces for posterity on multimedia cards. Sounds terribly prosaic that way, but hey!
ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF YEP KHON KAEN!
Everyone remembered! So happy!

A good majority. Pity Nus was blur and didn't take picture! Ahwell. Relive the good times, man. I didn't recognise all of them! They all were so glammed up! (Sorry, Lee Koon.)
Yes, many photos later (cut a looooooooooooooong story short) we retired to the room and then played some bridge -Aaron, you'll be a star player yet! with lots of practise!- and then the girls set off for Clarke Quay. The night was beautiful, the walk was enjoyable and the company was brilliant. Fran and I were singing carols to no one in particular. And when we came back Fran did this perfect imitation of a drunkard. Took in WX and Hang, and a couple angmohs in the lift who cast us pitying stares :p funneeee. Haha. Ahwell. Then came back and whiled away some time, napped a bit, pillow-fought with Jo and Cyn and then woke up at unearthly hours to send people off. Nic flew off to England in the wee hours, and Fran is leaving tomorrow! Dearie me.
But we all had to some degree fun I s'pose and that's most important. MEERA! what a pity you were sick!! You were missed sorely! Ahwell. Get well soon!
So now the JC chapter of our lives is over. I'm glad we all chose to come here, do what we did, played and worked and sweated; it was all worth it in the end, wasn't it. And now we're going to be divided. The sudden insinuation that "hey, I might not see you. Ever" is quite disturbing and is one of the reasons why I couldn't sleep today though I'm dead on my feet. It's Sec4 all over again with half the class going to Australia. Now, they're just going further.

S23, I'm glad to have met you. Perhaps in a few years, we'll be able to take another picture like that one.
slash with the pen |||
8:27:00 pm