html> roses of summer
[blog] [tag] [links] [archives] [credits]

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

 
    Actually my work sounds a lot better than it really is. Mostly, I hang around in my freezing cold room (note to self, bring something to bring my body temp to acceptable temp) and borrow dictionaries from the little law library we have. I browsed through a "Latin Dictionary of Law Terms" and then I mistakenly told Li Hang :p ahaha then I got a pop quiz on whether I retained anything I saw. Anyway. So on so forth. My new (actually old) computer, as opposed to the one I've been using since last week, is Microsoft 98. Which is practically obsolete. Cancel out the practically. Yep. So I was fiddling around with it and trying to remember what MS98 CAN do. Which is near nothing, anyway.

    I was quite excited over going to visit the new High Court on Monday, but the trial was quite disappointing. The Counsel had to nitpick over the non-details (should the Defendant stay in court because he's a witness as well) and it was infinitely tedious. So my mentor and I took off and I got a tour of the HC, right up to the "space ship" atop the HC. Haha. That's where the Court of Appeals is, apparently. The large round disk at the top, if you've ever seen it. You're not missing anything if you haven't. Counsel is so funny. They were Harry Potter-esque robes and all. MWAHAHA. I sure wouldn't like to stand in the witness stand for whatever reason anyway.

    Other than the rare court visits, I live to draft F&BPs (further and better particulars of whatever), letters to distrain/inform/OAs whatever. And I move files around like a human crane (bloody heavy too) and I photocopy. Or I rot in my office and email my colleague outside to delegate work to me so I don't have to sit there and rot. I figure whatever they pay me (yea, I still don't know :() is worth it 'cause basically I'm a gopher there who goes to court and takes up space. HAHA. Not bad, huh? Now I just have to see how to occupy the rest of the time.
slash with the pen ||| 7:54:00 pm