Saturday, April 22, 2006
FINALLY!
- [OMFG almost uploaded - okay, I did but promptly del, gave me a heart attack - on the WRONG blog. YUCKS.]
Another caveat: if miserable, do not read. I'm quite happy now :p
I finally got a letter from SMU! After that lousy interview and maudlin essay I scraped in!
Okay, better explain my assertions up there.
On the day of the interview, I was ALMOST late (which is a monumental thing cos I hate being late. And the one time it really matters I run late.) And it was raining, so I looked bedraggled and messy. I didn't realise HOW messy till after. Ick.
Then the interview was... dubious. It was actually kinda like a group debate on the upcoming elections. Whether it really matters whether PAP got a clean sweep. There was a "I'm a cynical person and don't believe SG is a democracy" girl, a "This is a business interview so I must start every sentence with 'from an economist/business man's POV...'" boy and a "If loverboy/girl doesn't get in I don't want to get in either" couple. Serious. Totally freaky. So there wasn't any "why SMU" questions I didn't prepare for and no "why did you do -insert poke at application-" which I didn't prepare for either. Whew.
So now I won't be university-less come July! Slim though the chance might have been, it was a chance and it was scary. I hate this kind of waiting. Aren't the only sure things in life death and taxes, after all. Urgh.
I think the process of uni app is tedious! and you never know if you've selected the right person or if that guy is just ad-libbing and faking your psyche test. Haiz. There're just too many people with stellar results applying for too few places in a few courses.
slash with the pen |||
9:04:00 pm