Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Cause for Celebration
- Haha don't worry about me; or rather don't worry that I'm still being bullied at work, because I'm LEAVING! Next Friday is my last day at work.
Actually it was rather silly. I thought I'd have to stick it out till 30th June, but the admin person (who seems to be the sole proprietor of her department) sent me an email: Are you taking any more leave before 26th May? That's your last day, right? Duh I said no. Haha, was debating should I say something like "Erm, wasn't my last day supp to be 30th June?" But I'm fed up anyway and this is a good chance to get outta here!
Eight more days to freeedom, eight more days to freeeeedom.
And eight more days to HK! Wheeee.
Ahwell since I'm here might as well blog about that quasi-class outing we had on Vesak day :p
So cool, Debs passed her driving test already! On the first try! (Debs, you are a great driver! Don't worry :p) So she picked me up in her darling little Kia Picanto and we went to pick up Cyn. Then we navigated to ECP and met PJ - somehow we four were the first when the meeting time was 930 and we reached there a little bit late. Cyn and Debs went blading and PJ and I rented bikes.
It was really freaking crowded at ECP!!! Couldn't see the road for kids. Ugh. And it was alternately hot like hell and raining and all -.- not the best cycling day. But it was fun! and Peach and I had lots of fun :p
Then after 1.5 hours of cycling we went to meet the rest at Kenny Roger's. Ehehehe, mac and cheese. We just camped there and listened to Pradz's silly army stories (will never look at powder the same way again) and talked about unis and cars and driving. Took weirdo pictures and fiddled with mirrors and whatnot. In short, generally what we do at all class outings :p
Then we went to bike more but peach and I doubled on a tandem. An exercise in balance and self-control (not to scream fling arms in air or panic whenever the stupid bike swerved) but we survived! WOOHOO! Then since it was raining rather heavily we adjourned to Parkway Parade. The parking there is horrendous, by the way. And expensive. So we loitered some more at Venezia and all and then before you know it it's 6 and we all have to go. But wait, someone forgot mother's day was that sunday -the horror- so we ran to the cd shop to get last min presents. Heh. Then we had to navigate home again. We passed Ubi area and I was like "hey, I drive around here!" Haha. Easier to navigate home in an area you're familiar with. (My mum quizzed me on what route we took home when I told her I rode shotgun -laugh-)
End of a nice day, with not too unpleasant exercise thrown in :p
I tortured my feet again (I never learn) and now I'm suffering :(
slash with the pen |||
9:36:00 am