html> roses of summer
[blog] [tag] [links] [archives] [credits]

Friday, July 07, 2006

 

Wheels of Chance

    "Of course. You are a Man. You are free." She warmed. "I wish I were you to have the chance of that struggle."

    "Am I Man
    enough?" said Mr. Hoopdriver aloud, but addressing himself.
    Herbert George Wells

    Read the whole book (gasp) and found him really scintillating (double gasp!) but that little excerpt stuck most in my head. The protagonist, above-named Mr. Hoopdriver is modest to a fault, under-educated and I guess we would call him pathetic in today's world, but I still admire his tenacity in believing he can triumph over the circumstances of his birth and his place in society. Sigh.

    I'm getting this uncomfortable feeling that mental wellbeing is unfortunately linked to the smooth operation of your digestion. Maybe it's psychological -sour-

    Tags,
    Helena I can't make it on the 14th!!! I have to work in morning and rush to my juniors' concert in the evening -cries-
    Picky Maybe after I stop working haha. I've already shortlisted picture and colour scheme! all I have to do is implement it! :p
slash with the pen ||| 11:03:00 pm