Wednesday, August 16, 2006
- I quite believe that if you don't laugh, you'll cry. Isn't laughing preferable to crying? Such a waste of salt water.
My brother, by the way, my esteemed youngest brother, doesn't know what salt is. As in salt = NaCl, and he's in Sec 3. It IS in his syllabus. He also doesn't know the difference between Africa and South America, but that's a story for another day.
School is relaxing - yes, relaxing - for now. Mainly because tutorials only kick in in two weeks and I planned my timetable. Whosoever has any doubt that I planned my timetable solely for my benefit can take it up with me ^_^
Lessons are so...new. Yes, it's in a lecture theatre - no getting away from that - but having to check IVLE and print notes every night is a wee bit tiresome. But the lecturers...
One of my modules is ST1131A, fondly known as STATISTICS. I remember that particular period of time in maths lectures not with any kind feelings because STATS caused me to fail my first and only maths paper ever. NOW I can admit it, this time last year it didn't happen. :p ultimate delusion. ANYWAY, I digress. My stats lecturer is this China bundle of hyperactivity. She bounced up and down the LT and bewildered all the 300 odd students sitting in front of her. She admonitioned the guys sitting by the aisle to protect her from the dangers of falling down the stairs as she bounced up and down. Her presentation was the most be-hearted and beflowered and least informative presentation I've ever seen in lecture :) not that that's a bad thing. But time still crawled in her lecture. I think she has sugar high times ten. It's kinda scary watching her :p
And today I had this e-seminar thingy a.k.a Cultural Studies. Pity we can't do it as a minor, since all our unrestriced electives are tied up -groans- but the two lecturers, who "lecture at the same time", are a fusion of Dio and Whitby - my fellow ex-lit students, this is open to your imagination :D - and we spent today dissecting Superman comics. We'll also be going through CSI, Extreme Makeover, film noir, hiphop, funk music, yadda yadda. Sounds pretty fun to me.
I also appreciate that some other lecturers at least try to inject some form of humour into the lecture, no matter how dry or lame :p two hour lectures are...two hour lectures. Nuff said.
It's also pretty fun to explore 'round campus and discover new eating places. It certainly adds some colour to campus life -grin- we've managed to only eat at ONE place twice (subway has that dubious honour) :D
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened -wry- really hope I won't
think that I was a fool for letting it happen.
slash with the pen |||
6:26:00 pm