html> roses of summer
[blog] [tag] [links] [archives] [credits]

Sunday, August 06, 2006

 

Oweek

    WELL Oweek's started and I'm reserving my comments...

    And little kids are really very cute. As heard by me just five min old:

    Father: You have to show working!
    Kid: I haven't learnt working! What does working mean?

    Sounds like my brother.

    You know, we all underestimated the power of CORS. I saw so many MSN nicks going "bid what?" "oh no, can't bid..." what not. Heh.

    So Round 1C was closing Thurs 1pm, and we all recklessly skipped the whole day of orientation to sit home and fret over potentially life changing decisions - only to realise halfway no one was talking to me on MSN. Freak out and panic because my net's down, so frantically call Van to meet up in Mac's. Haul laptop down and then we discuss some five alternative timetables each getting more ridiculous than the next (we really did consider taking Marketing AND Management) then bid and cross fingers and worry we wouldn't make it.

    Owell. We got ALL our modules -melts into lardy puddle- and oweek is FUN. Aside from the talks, half of which we skipped anyway.

    People have been looking at me funny. It's not my imagination. It's the red streak across my face, and NO I have not been OD-ing the blusher. Nasty thing, that. It's Sentosa.

    Our seniors are one hella sadistic bunch. The main com and OGLs had a tattoo literally hidden up their sleeve - I remember some guy had FOUR - and we had to go around begging them to sign on the copy of their tattoo on this list we got. This gave them immense leverage to demand we do things like

    "Go dunk that guy in the sea"

    "Sing me a song and make it good"

    "Go seduce that OGL"

    "All of you, go dunk yourselves in the sea"

    And various other embarrassing things that are not for public viewing.

    Something about sand drives girls mad, at least in my OG -winks- we got to make two sand men, most literally and the guys adorned them with debri in strategic locations... I'm sure imagination can fill in the blanks. But it kinda served em right. We all gingerly waded into the sea and all of a sudden ended up drenched because those stupid guys just threw water on us. ALL our dunks degenerated into a free for all water fight.

    Hah but the finale was ze best! Not having any male freshmen in our OG, we sent our OGL to be ru hua. Kumar wannabes. We didn't have fair warning and didn't bring much, but some OGs were SCARY. There was this poor guy whose head was bestockinged and his face was liberally made up with more enthusiasm and makeup than skill; another guy crowned with a Barbie tiara and draped in a sari. There were truly horrendous getups involving balloons and flowers and M&Ms even. Of course Kenson was the best -loyal- at least he looked like a girl and not a guy dressing like a girl -evil grin-

    I've been so fortunate that every camp I go to I get great OGs. The not so nice in the OG were culled out, thankfully, leaving 40% or so of the nice people ^_^ I'm still glad I anticipated the worst, because it usually turns out much better.

    Enjoy your oweek, those going for it... Term time looks worse.

    Mine certainly will be. Taking Management and Organisation, Statistics (AUGH why why why), Managerial Econs and Financial Accounting... And have to pick another CFM -grouses-

    Best thing is, my Thursdays are COMPLETELY free. ;)
slash with the pen ||| 11:14:00 am