html> roses of summer
[blog] [tag] [links] [archives] [credits]

Sunday, October 15, 2006

 

YLSNE

    Heh I have to confess, I've been doing something very stupid for a long long time.

    Not knowing what Daylight Saving Time (DST) is, I happily checked it in my phone, computer, watch, whatever. (The "Do you use DST" option? Ring any bells?)

    Yes well, I forgot what time zone an Aard friend was in, so I asked what time it was over (in Canada). The conversation went roughly as follows:

    What time is it over there?
    12:24, but it's going to move one hour back in a week.
    Wuh-what, how come time moves back? Are you moving again? (He moved previously across Canada)
    No, it's called DST - we move clocks one hour back.

    -runs off to google DST-

    It's quite interesting. The slogan "Spring Forward, Fall Back!" was created to remind people - in March/April, depending on where you are, you move the clock an hour forward to take advantage of the sunlight in Spring, and in Fall you move it back to adjust for longer days. All the loopholes and horrors this created... and some funny things too... go google DST if you want to have an interesting read (at least IMO) because I like learning new stuff and am easily amused, which is a good thing according to previously quoted friend.

    On a darker note, my baby's been incarcerated for (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday) FOUR DAYS! -cries- no, I don't have illegitimate children - it's my LAPTOP! -hysterics- I can't do work, I can't mud (not properly, anyway) and I worry those IT care people in school will do something BAD to it. I just have this general feeling my baby is better in my hands than -strangers'-. Oh well.

    The haze is back... Watch out, all :p -considers whether haze is a legal reason to skip school-
slash with the pen ||| 3:14:00 pm