Saturday, December 23, 2006
- I know I've been deficient in blogging (as usual) and I'm supposed to update about my HK trip, which would be MUCH more efficient than telling X people the same story and sending the same photographs. But I'm lazy. I procastinate :p Which then makes people question what I do at home if I don't tell everyone what I'm doing.
Week leading up to Christmas is always a little hectic.
Monday afternoon I went to Arab St, Chinatown area with Ru to shop for mom's stuff.
Then on Tues Ru came to my house to make gingerbread for Juls ;) it was quite fun, a lot of trial and even more error, but we managed to cook up something, most literally -sigh- I did take pictures, but I'm not showing them off yet. -grins- Then in the evening we went to this Shaslik restaurant with mom's friend, and this restaurant's supposedly the very first Russian restaurant in Singapore and has employed the same nine staff ever since the beginning (Wow. Talk about iron rice bowl ._.) So. It was quite nice :) and the desserts were WOW because we had some unpronounceable blinis and flambe bananas and whee it was so fun to watch 'em go up in flames right before your eyes - because they really set up before you and set your dessert on fire. Good for pyromaniacs.
On Wed Juls Ru and I went out for dinner at this little eclectic place in Little India. Had some pretty interesting dishes, like mashed spinach with cottage cheese (it tastes better than it sounds) and grill with extremely spicy...spices... and cauliflower with potato (still can't get over how Ru calls it "qualiflower" :p) The service is VERY slow, despite there being no customers at all - twenty minutes for the bill and fifteen minutes for the menu is slow in my book - and the waiter tried to hit on Juls! -laughs- seriously, that was quite funny. He was quite unsubtle about it and Juls put him down squarely - but he was hanging around our table the whole night, doing unindustrious things like filling water. -.- Owell. New experiences and all. And thanks Juls for the earrings! I'll wear them when I feel like gambling :p I'm sure they'll bring me luck!
Oh dear, I'm losing track of days. If I hadn't tracked what I did SOMEWHERE I'd surely forget T-T Anyway, on Thurs I went with Nic to Sakae at Marina Square. Since we made a date way back when we both suckered each other into buying an extravagant dress to create an opportunity to wear said dress, we spent the night acting "all grown up" and I think we failed spectacularly, since we ended the night bashing on the bishibashi machine and screaming like hyenas. Maybe in ten years :p but it was fun trying to be decent while contorting ourselves into that sunken-in table at Sakae, while trying to finish all the food we ordered/took off the conveyor belt, eating eye-poppingly-sinful caramelised sweet potatos, rice cakes and matcha at Azabo ^_^ we were both pretty tired out by then x.x but thanks for the pretty furry earrings! -loves furry stuff-
Hmmm, and yesterday what did I do? Nothing! Spent the whole day at home lazing and playing computer with Greg, trying to get him to do some work. Sigh. He's taking O Levels next year, and he doesn't know the symbol for potassium, phosphorus, helium, hydrogen (I swear, I make none of those up :( ), among other things. Was I as bad as him? How did I pass, then? o.O
Mm, then today I went out with the brat again to watch Night in the Museum, which is quite original, a little bit scary and feel-good at the end of it all. It's so long between movies that I quite enjoyed this one. Hopefully when SC comes back from US she'll want to watch The Holiday with me - although granted, it's not a show to watch with girlfriends :p Then met Weiling for awhile to exchange presents and chat. I almost forgot what it was like to be working and worrying about results, worrying about savings and uni. Hmmm. But then in hindsight (I have PERFECT hindsight) I shouldn't have worried, right? Not because I was confident of results or anything, but what the heck could I have done? (Nothing.) And my bad habit of worrying after the thing's done wasn't helping... (Crying over spilt milk.)
Lately I've been unearthing a lot of things I...not precisely not want to know, but that I never knew. Just shows how "in my own world" I'm living. Been called many things on a variant of "blur" and "slow" and "naive" - maybe I need to start being more acute and perceptive. But how does one BE more perceptive? -puzzles- I just live in my own dreamland! All my friends know I'm totally not in touch with reality and yadda yadda and haiz - I guess I don't like the feeling of being called back to Earth, sometimes.
Irrational musings below, you have been warned :
Oh, which reminds me. I was thinking, during the movie (Damn cultural studies influence) that a heck lot of movies are really hyperreality. Non-existant. Are we doing ourselves any good by losing ourselves in something that doesn't exist? Maybe... because we can't face up to the reality of the world we live in, or we've got something to hide from -ponders- Maybe we're blurring the line between what's really real and what's not really real so much so it's not separable anymore. Like the man who dreamed he was a butterfly.
Sigh. Maybe I think too much, too...
slash with the pen |||
4:05:00 pm