Monday, January 01, 2007
2007
- Well then, happy new year to all who may pass this way =) sometimes it felt as if 2006 would NEVER be over!
So many things to be thankful for this year. Every little thing that happens makes me thankful I'm alive, makes me appreciate everyone both near and far from me. Every time I encounter setback it helps so much to remember some people still love and care for me and give me a reason for not just living, but living well.
New Year's a time for reminiscing, because it's sort of like a milestone, I suppose. The 365 days since the last soul-searching prompts us to, perhaps, examine our conscience once again. We're all one year older - hopefully one year wiser - and who knows, what the next 365 days hold.
I'm grateful that my luck held true again and I didn't fail anything this semester, which would be a nasty start to university education. I'm extremely thankful, in retrospect, that I did reasonably well for the A levels and decided to come to Bizad, to do an as-yet-uncertified new course. I wouldn't have met new friends and reacquainted myself with old ones; learnt how far my limits can be pushed and what pushes my buttons.
I'm happy that the year ended reasonably well with regards to my family, even though my mom went through more mood swings, my brothers more scrapes and in general it wasn't such a good year for the whole family. But since what doesn't kill you makes you stronger... I can only think they're strengthening my patience and testing my resolve.
And oh, for the words that kept my spirits up ;) Aardwolf. No matter how boring, how repetitive, whatever, it kept me somewhat sane. Ironical, but it did. Kept me sane, made me new friends, tested my maturity of thought and all the unconscious cultural or personal biases I had. Making all the cross-continental friends have really opened up my horizons ^_^ Immersing myself in this alternate reality (hyperreality, the part of my brain that listened in CS is nagging me to write) really does help :) I never said I was sane!
Heh, Jenn and I are now embarking on an ambitious project to do a scanlation project =) wish us luck! It'll test all my Photoshop skills and translation power :( scanty at best.
So again, a happy new year to all, and may 2007 be better than 2006, even if 2006 was the best year you could ever have imagined ^_^ may all of you be happy, healthy and safe!
slash with the pen |||
1:30:00 am