Friday, January 05, 2007
- Watched a nice movie today with Ruru. ^_^ A bit late, but we watched "The Holiday" at Cine. It's a good show in my book, not all that predictable, very feel good. It's quite nice to see Cameron Diatz in a not-so-comical role (I know, I don't watch all that many movies)
It's not just a love story. It's kinda like Love Actually, which I liked too :) I like these movies showing how many peoples' lives intertwine and not everything goes well - but that's just me.
It's a complete uphill task redoing my brother's room. Just the idea of redecorating is uphill. And not up Bukit Timah neither! My mom wants to renovate, and she's making us switch rooms with the boys. Sigh. The only carrot was that we got a budget to gut the room and redecorate. Mom prefers small beds pushed against the wall, preferably bunk beds - very practical. I don't want practical. I want pretty and artistic and comfy and cosy, which my parents do not want, lol. If they had their way, I'd live in a room that looks like a cell. Pffft. Ah well. In the end it's still "It's you who has to live in it, if you have no space for all your rubbish that's your problem!" The bad points of being an inveterate hoarder. But like Jo says, no one competes with me. I'm the only hoarder in the house :p
Busy week -sigh- usually things crop up at the last minute... and bidding is, as bidding goes, a pain in the nether regions. I'm a little peeved about a small snag in the bidding, but... Might turn out to be good, if Jo and I both manage to get our modules. It was kinda funny, in hindsight.(unrelated to aforesaid snag) Jo and I were desperately looking for a last module to take, since I gave up finance T-T So we suggested many things. Jo: Visual Arts. Me: Cybercrime Both no go. Points too high. (Curses to people who save up points insanely.) Then we suggested many more modules: Reproductive organs and some yadda yadda, geopolitics (shudders :p) quantum physics, forensic science, understanding careers, service work, you name it, we considered it. Either the exam was wrong, the time was wrong, or one of us just didn't like it. In the end, after two hours of squabbling on the phone and "how many points"-ing, someone (forgot who) hit on a BRILLIANT idea :p I'm going to try and take Jo's Nature of Language - no snorting, it's not nice - and Jo's gonna take Marketing with me, if there're slots. Serendipitious! Bad thing is, as breadth modules go, they'll only go on sale tomorrow. If that wasn't bad enough (bidding on Saturday for a Monday lecture?!!) our chances are slim at best and close-to-nil at worst. If that falls through, I will be pretty much stranded and we might have to take a module that no one wants, has a terrible exam, bad timing and/or a combination of the above, with other possible bad options. Haiz, cross fingers cross toes cross eyes it won't come to that. I KNEW I was too lucky when I got all modules in the first round last sem... Karma! Sigh.
Just like that... nothing can be smooth sailing all the time. And if it isn't, I can do something about it, can't I? Eternal optimist, unrealistic, whatever - if I care enough about it I have to do something, right? Trying to infuse optimism into a despairing situation is... depressing. I feel like I'm cupping water in my hand and pretending it's not leaking out. With any luck and learning from experience, I can salvage something. I really am gonna try! Hopefully (I seem to be using a lot of these, sigh.) next sem will be better. In all ways.
slash with the pen |||
10:38:00 pm