Sunday, March 18, 2007


There! Poor Jun got cut out (extreme left) and some supertardy weren't there yet but owell. Four faith reunited again. I sure hope Si Ping sends me her pro pro pictures soon and then I can upload some! ^_^
I was telling my mom our gatherings were getting like hers - "So what are you doing now? What school are you in? Are you attached?" etc, etc, catching up and just totally hanging loose as normal. We all squeezed around the table and threw random things into the "steamboat machine", as Lynn/Val called it -grins- and then threw the cooked stuff onto other people's plates and people were yelling stuff across the table and laughing, giggling, screaming, doing ridiculous things - that's four faith for you!
I think I'll always love SNGS best. Because it was my second home for a decade, because all my oldest friends are from there, who I am now is because I was a SN girl. And amidst all the "did you know"s and "scandal!" it somehow came out that 1. the fierce fierce PE HOD caused the breakup of some home ec teacher's marriage and they were caught kissing in the home ec room (gasp!) 2. the very 斯文 geography teacher got someone pregnant, scandal scandal! 3. the very unpopular self-proclaimed "pleasantly plump" principal is really truly leaving 4. our precious school was going to be totally ruined/renovated! and of course all of us can still recite the class list with the help of others and locate where most people are, whether they're in a relationship, what course they're doing, where they're working. I even heard plans to go to Genting or somewhere together, lol.
How come I never caught the spirit of spontaneity while I was in SN? I was always the lazy wallflower... but I had fun nevertheless. Unless you were bad "weird" really, no one would leave you out of anything. A lot of weird incidents came up -wry- I think we made so much noise the neighbours were probably cursing :p
When will we meet again? Nobody knows. Everytime we meet up again it seems so little time has elapsed since we last met, and yet as if an eon had passed. When we next meet, who knows? all the prodigal daughters may have returned from Aust, USA, and some gone to take their place; all of us may have graduated and started working, dentists, designers and economists amongst us - next time, even fewer may turn up. I'm still glad I did, though. When we look back in time, will we be gladder that we turned down a frivolous party for a few more hours of cramming or vice versa? I don't know. Maybe I'll regret it when I see the abysmal results at the end of this semester. But right now I still feel happy. When I'm with my secondary school mates there's no ill-will, no pettiness, no exclusion - if you turned up, you were definitely wanted. No one feels awkward amongst each other, at least, I hope so. It's a return to childhood days, when we clambered on the rusty playground structure to pose for a picture, we could never pose conventionally.
We met when we were not quite seven. Now, falling over the brink of "twenty", still fairly bright-eyed and energetic, we definitely must remember Diona's wish that all of us be "happy forever" and keep that childhood spirit alive... What would we have been without it?