Saturday, May 12, 2007
- I don't often blog about the food I eat, but today's lunch - I make an exception. -swoons-
Went out with mom, grandmother, aunt and brothers to Lei Garden at Chijmes (I'll always remember the story Lynn related about someone pronouncing it chee-jer-meez, snickers) and had nice Cantonese food and a bit of dimsum but what I really, really, really, really liked and will probably only have had one chance ever to eat it. Of course it's gotta be dessert. All my teeth are sweet teeth.
Ger and I were pretty aghast when we read the menu and saw the longevity buns with bird's nest at a whopping $9.80+++ EACH. -sputters- I mean! Ten bucks for that pink butt bun! (as I call it.) I didn't even like the stuffing and it brought back bad memories when I ate one a long time ago when I scalded my tongue on it -mournful- But THIS one was a beaut. It was big enough for four people to eat; I estimate at least the size of five normal pink butt buns. It was filled with sticky sweet custard and with a pretty generous dollop of bird's nest inside too. Sweet, sweet, sweet. I liked it sooooooo much. Pity it's only a mothers day special :( I remember the adorable animal dimsum at East Ocean... which is now no more -reminisces-
But I'm supposed to go and sleep now. I hope I dream of that custard filled bird's nest pink butt bun :D
slash with the pen |||
10:48:00 pm