html> roses of summer
[blog] [tag] [links] [archives] [credits]

Thursday, May 03, 2007

 
    Okay, I promised Picky I'd blog, so...

    Heh, today was the first day of the course I had to attend in school. Finishing school. If that doesn't strike immediate terror into the hearts of most, it's the thingy ye olde English lordies sent their daughters to to turn them into ladies. Our version of finishing school is business-oriented, as befitting Bizad...

    The single most astonishing thing I learnt today was from Teo Ser Lee, our grooming and etiquette instructor, ex-Miss-Singpore too. Apparently, in civilised countries like most of Europe, when a lady gets up at the dinner table (formal dinner, obviously :p) the men at the table ALL put down their cutlery and stand up. When she comes back, they allll stand up again, and the man nearest her has the privilege of pulling out her chair for her. Wowwwww. All the girls looked awed and all the guys looked constipated. So, for the whole luncheon, the rule was enforced - when a lady gets up, men dance attention on her -grins- ain't it fun? We wanted to take turns to visit the ladies' but took pity on the guys. Heh.

    We also learnt how to dress, both for ladies and for men ;) I can pick out a quality tie now to match any shirt you want! And I know how to tell it's a quality tie ;) Etc, etc. Don't know how useful that could be, but... -grins-

    I thought of so many funny things to blog throughout the day, meh. Evidently I forgot -glares at self- YAWNS maybe I should go to sleep. Always sleepy o.O
slash with the pen ||| 9:38:00 pm