Saturday, June 09, 2007
New York New York!
- Well. Yesterday I finally went to the NYNY at AMKhub after Ru and I stood outside lustfully drooling over the cotton candy machine. Pity it wasn't with Ru cos she's holidaying in Aust, but maybe when you're back we'll go, okay? :p
Kingsley was so kiasu he made reservations for SIX and there were only four of us. The waitress was a bit weird about letting us in when we don't have at least 75% of the people there - but what if you're one of two people, or two of three? Lol. So inflexible.
So Roy and Kingsley and I went in first since KH was rushing down from Bukit Batok and was going to be late. NYNY's zao pai seems to be this humoungous burger KH swore all four of us could eat - 8 inch wide and 4 inch tall oooOOOooo. Hehe. In the end all of us ended up ordering pasta, though. I think Jo'd like the pasta. Looks real creamy. (I ordered my normal, the cream looked TOO much.)
Ooh okay skip to dessert (my personal fave, of course ;)) it was too cold and I ordered this caramel swirly thing which is, in my opinion, too sweet. Now, to date, the only thing I've found worthy of -too sweet- is Picky's yoghurt sweets. This chocolatey confection was topped with whipped cream, chocolate powder and marshmallows. Too damn sweet :p
On our way out we saw this, er, train carriage with about 12 people squeezed in. There were people almost falling out the sides... Rather amusing -grins- Sardine like, they were, and glad, WE were, that we were only four :p Next time I go there I want to attempt the beeg beeg burger... with at least two others.
Ooh AMKhub is opening up! When Ru and I wandered through on our studying stints it was quite lonesome. Kinda like what Central is now. And now all the little shops are opening up (fortunately the cute little yoghurt stall is still there) then we trawled the nearby AMK area and I kinda miss the old little HDB shops that were around since I was what, seven. All the mama shops and stuff that either smelt weird or weirder :p ah, those were the days.
Somehow we ended up at the arcade near Jubilee and Roy had this relic of a Tapz card so we set to with gusto :p I watched them drive Daytona and was quite heartily glad I prefer to watch ;) Madness, I crash into every turn and I don't know all the tricksy things they do, but it was very fun to stand behind and laugh :p Then... hmm. What did we play. I do believe we hit the bishibashi machine :p That was crazy, because Roy KH and I teamed up and Kingsley took one by himself, that's how sucky we were :p We deduced that Roy likes the directional games (drive a boat around the circuit kind), KH likes the numbers type (arrange fat men in order kind), Kingsley likes anything but the colours type and yea, I like the colours type :p After that we also tried out the catch the differences game. Four of us hunkered down near the supersmall machine (reminiscent of those in Raffles Marina, lol) and used our various vantage points to pick out the differences. That was pretty fun :p
Oh, worthy of mention was the fighting game, kinda like Street Fighter style. Kingsley is SUPERPARANORMALLYGOOD at those! He managed to do all the stuff the hax0rs do :p So Roy just sat there and boggled while KH and I wandered off to play more bishibashi and I watched KH take out his anger on the Chinese drums thingy. One of the funniest was when Roy wanted to try the DJ machine and he accidentally turned the turntable and set it on PROFESSIONAL ONLY mode. We all freaked out, but eventually left the arcade laughing anyway :p Funfun. Can't remember the last time I really hit the arcade last, it's quite as good as a gym workout. Woke up today with muscles I didn't know I had aching *halo*
Time really passes fast when you're enjoying yourself. But all in all it was a very pleasant way to pass TGIF-night :)
Ladidums. Alllmost halfway through work! Two more months -mournful- and I'll be kinda lonely at work next week since Jo's away two days and KH and Mingyong are both going to their ICT -waves sadly-
Sigh tomorrow shopping with Cyn, I hope my feet/heart/wallet can take it. Who am I kidding :p If I die tomorrow, I want an epitaph - She died trying.
slash with the pen |||
8:10:00 pm