html> roses of summer
[blog] [tag] [links] [archives] [credits]

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

 
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

    SO happy! The dang blasted BSP presentation is over!

    Before I wax lyrical about why I'm so happy, you gotta understand what a BSP presentation consists of. We were presenting on currencies/forex, and it's just so BROAD, the scope - China vs US vs Europe vs ten years ago vs ten years later vs whatever some superpower decides on the blink of an eye, yadda yadda.

    The last presentation on Wal-Mart de Mexico was a completely qualitative one... and someone asked "Did you do a regression analysis on this question?" (Is Wal-Mart's success due more to X than Y?) There was a collective intake of breath and the presenters looks positively horrified. That's why we all feeeer the Q&A section, which takes more than the presentation, really.

    But because I don't need to repeat that presentation I'll just tell you why I'm so happy ;)
    1. It's OVER.
    2. The teacher said it was a tough case.
    3. Said teacher also said we did it well!
    4. Did I mention that presentation is worth 15% of our grade?
    5. People asked for our presentation! They've NEVER done that before!
    6. No one asked stupid (re: regression analysis) questions.

    I really feel it was because yesterday night someone told me to just forget about the presentation and... what was it? "Just go to bed, look pwetty tomorrow, get an A xP" end quote. I didn't take one part of his advice seriously, I slept late. *grins*
slash with the pen ||| 12:06:00 pm